Thursday, June 11, 2015

Checking Back In With a Painted Wraith

Hey folks!

Been a while (almost a year) since my last post. Couldn't get much into the hobby in the last 10 months, but I am finally back at it! Since the new Codex came out, along with a pretty awesome new Overlord model, I have been busy dusting off the Necrons and finally getting some paint on the things.

This post is more so to motivate myself and get me back on track with posting progress shots (thus creating the onus of actually making progress), but here is what I just finished today:

I am definitely pleased with the way this one turned out! It took me a while to decide on colors and combinations and the like, and some of the claws are painted to a pretty low quality if you look closely enough, but overall I love the model! The greens came out really well, and the rust effect turned out WAY better than I thought it would. It even puts the Destroyers to shame, even though I still enjoy those dudes too.

I have 5 more of these to paint, one of which is heavily modified with Spyder parts because apparently I convert too many things and couldn't complete it, so I will hopefully have more to show soon!

Please comment with any suggestions! Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment